- Send me an e-mail to have your organization approved if you haven’t done so already.
Highlights from 2/16 class: [coming soon]
For Tuesday February 23, Read chapter 3 (Social and Cultural Origins of Power) in Amos Wilson’s Blueprint for Black Power.
Questions to think about as you read:
- How is power developed and transmitted socially and culturally?
- How does Wilson argue that these methods can be used by the Black community?
- What is the importance of consciousness to power?
- What institutions does Wilson highlight as transmitters of power?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses Wilson presents about the church as an institution?
- What is the role of the Nation of Islam in his view?
- What’s the solution Wilson presents at the end of the chapter?