- See the assignments page for posted instructions for individual presentations in April 13‘s class and the interview assignment due Monday April 25
- Keep working on your presentation of a chapter of Wilson with your partner (see updated sheet on the assignments page for the date/chapter/partner) and meet with your org if it’s already approved or finalize details if we’re still finding you a spot
- We’ll be meeting alternate weeks during most of March/April to allow some extra time for fieldwork assignments. See schedule on the syllabus with any changes announced in class and posted in the weekly updates (like this one)
- Classes are now archived on the archive page in case your Internet fails or you have to miss a session
- SCHEDULE UPDATE: individual conferences will be scheduled next week: the week of April 6. Please use the Doodle sign-up link below. Same Zoom room as the live chat–also below.
- Prof. Williams Zoom live chat hours: Tuesdays from 6-8 PM! on Zoom here. Or call: +1 929 205 6099 then add meeting ID: 528 450 5381
- Medgar Evers College’s National Black Writers’ Conference runs from 3/30-4/2 and is running online this year via Zoom. Details/ schedule/ registration here
- Considering graduate school? Join one of the workshops by Lehman’s Pre-Graduate Advising Program or their weekly office hours. Details here
Highlights from 3/30 class:
- COVERED chapter 8 (Power Process of the Ruling Class) in Blueprint for Black Power
April 6: individual student conferences
Sign up for your preferred time here. Times are for Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. Note that this isn’t an evaluation, quiz, or test! The goal is one-on-one discussion to see how your fieldwork assignment (and the course itself) is going and give us a chance to discuss anything you might want to talk about.
What to do for Wed. April 13:
No reading assignment this week. The entire class will be short presentations where you introduce the rest of us to your organization.
- Wednesday April 20 is CUNY spring break: we do not meet
- Monday April 25: interview assignment due
- Wednesday April 27 we return to weekly meetings for the last 3 weeks of the semester